Welcome to WorkTango’s 2023 SHRM HR Conference Survival Guide!
Whether you’re a human resources professional, a business leader, or an industry enthusiast, get ready to immerse yourself in the latest HR trends, engage in thought-provoking discussions, and forge valuable connections that will propel your career forward at SHRM 2023.
Whether it’s your first SHRM or your 5th, attending a conference in Las Vegas can still be a little overwhelming. This guide is designed to provide you with all the information you need to get the most out of your trip to the 2023 SHRM Annual Conference and Exposition.
Las Vegas Convention Center
3150 S Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Directions to Convention Center
Once you arrive at the Las Vegas Airport, follow the posted signs to pick up your baggage and head to your ride.
- Check out Harry Reid International Airport’s Resources to get around here.
- View a map of the airport here.
Las Vegas Monorail
Avoid Strip traffic by taking the Monorail. The Las Vegas Monorail covers the full Strip, and trains arrive every 4-8 minutes at seven different stations.
There are many different taxi providers in Las Vegas and options for taxis from the airport. Costs are dependent on many different factors, including traffic and time of year, and additional fees may apply when a Taxi is requested at the airport vs. on the Strip.
Ride Sharing Apps
Be sure to download ride sharing apps like Uber or Lyft in advance of arriving in Las Vegas to use when requesting an airport ride to or from your hotel.
Shuttle buses will be available to transport you from select official SHRM 2023 hotels to the Las Vegas Convention Center.
View the SHRM 2023 Shuttle schedule here.
- Remember to carry some cash. While most establishments and services accept card payment, keep at least 60 dollars on you in small bills at all times for tips, valets or other unexpected cash-only expenses.
- Be vigilant. Las Vegas is a fun city, but like any other city, crime still exists. Be sure to be observant of your surroundings and keep your belongings close to you at all times.
- Las Vegas has very few public restrooms on the Strip. Your nearest hotel/casino would be where you can find a public restroom if you are walking the Strip.
- Be sure to check out the event policies and SHRM23 resources prior to attending.
Weather & Climate
- Las Vegas is hot and dry, so you may become dehydrated without even realizing it. Whether indoors or outdoors, pack a refillable water bottle and drink water frequently.
- Las Vegas is hot, but indoor places are almost always cool due to powerful air conditioning. Be sure to pack a light jacket or wrap to layer up if you get cold, and bring it with you to the convention center.
Restaurants & Dining
Las Vegas is home to some of the best nightlife and food. Here are some of Las Vegas’s recommended spots near the 2023 SHRM event, including nearby convenience stores in case you need a snack.
- Edge Steakhouse 3000 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Piero’s Italian Cuisine 355 Convention Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Tacos El Gordo 3049 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Wazuzu 3131 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Kusa Nori 3000 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Breakfast & Coffee
- Siegel’s Bagelmania 252 Convention Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Cafe 325 325 Convention Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Starbucks 3600 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169
- Dunkin’ Donuts 3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169
Convenience & Grocery
- 7-Eleven 15 E Desert Inn Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Vons 1131 E Tropicana Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- CVS 2735 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89109
SHRM 2023 will be a wonderful opportunity to network and get to know other like-minded HR professionals. But, taking the first step to network with strangers can be intimidating.
Consider using some of the networking questions and prompts below to break the ice and get the conversation started.
- Give someone a compliment on a specific accessory they are wearing, and ask if there’s a story behind it.
- “What do you love most about your role in Human Resources?”
- “What has been your favorite part/workshop from the event so far and why? What did you learn?”
- “What made you decide to start/what led you to be in your line of work?”
- “I’d love to hear one thing that you learned today that you found the most valuable.”
Wondering what sessions are on each day? Click the links below to be taken to the full SHRM program.
At WorkTango, we offer the only holistic Employee Experience Platform built for the modern workplace that enables meaningful recognition and rewards, offers actionable insights through employee surveys, and supports alignment through goal setting and feedback.
WorkTango is built for the workplace we all want to be a part of – where priorities become clear, achievements are celebrated, and employees have a voice. Learn more at worktango.com.